but we aren't! I didn't expect a referral this month but one can always hope. The first rumors of the month said that 1/13 was expected to get in and the first rumors are always wrong. The cutoff isn't official yet but it looks like maybe the 9th so only 5 days worth. The 12th is supposed to be a fairly big day in terms of log ins. With 4 days until our lid it looks like this:
1 day = 4 months or August
2 days = 2 months or June
3 days = 2 months or June
4 days = 1 month or May
So, what do I think? I am hoping for may but realistically it is likely June. You just never know with China. So what are we doing? Getting our homestudy updated so we can get an extension on our I-171H which allows us to bring Sarah home and must NOT be expired before we return from China. Our I-171H expires on August 25. If we get our referral in May then we should travel in July. If we get it in June we should travel in August which is why it is important to have it updated.
I'll post our other news now - Brent has a new job and we will be moving at the end of May about 100 miles north of us. He has rented a house up there and the kids and I are staying here until Brandon is finished with school. We didn't feel it was fair to him to move right now for several reasons: 1. he is in a self-contained gifted class and we can't get him into one in ***. He would have to be placed in a regular 2nd grade class. 2. We already made a move in the middle of a school year and he didn't do very well leaving. I didn't want to do that to him again. This way he can finish the year with his friends.
Unfortunately the move means we have to fight to get him into another self-contained gifted class. He has scores that definitely qualify him from a psychologist that tested him. He has to take the district test there to qualify him. He does not test well in group settings so I've been in contact with the gifted department to find out how we can get this all done. If he doesn't do well on their test I *think* they will be able to justify his placement based on the other scores. It takes 4 weeks to get the results back. I'm going to start being the "squeaky wheel" in about 2 more weeks. I can't see him in a regular 3rd grade class when he has been doing 3-4th grade work all year long. We shall see!
Other news I'm on the count down for my job. 34 more work days! Yeah - I'm so tired of the high school issues I'm dealing with. One of the ladies called in and said her niece was sick and had to watch her nephew and hasn't come back or called in since the 1st. I hope she asks for a reference so I can say "Are you kidding me? You can't seriously think that after everything you have done I would give you a good reference? You might want to reconsider asking me!"
Is is May 22nd yet? Better yet, is it June so I can see my baby for the 1st time!?
Friday, April 4, 2008
Referrals are in...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is going to be May! I know it.
Post a Comment