Today was my Uncle Bob's memorial service. I worked this morning for about an hour and a half then went over and helped out with getting the lunch ready. Luckily one of the ladies from the board offered to work the remainder of the day and I got to do some much needed family stuff - particularly with Brandon. He hasn't had much Mommy time lately and he really needs it occasionally. Hannah spends a whole day with me once a week by herself - sort of but he doesn't get time.
The service was very nice. The did a salute with guns that was a bit emotional. I thought that since it has been a month since he died I wouldn't cry. Wrong. They started the flag presentation with some Navy people coming up and some Air Force doing the salute then they did Taps. It was emotional.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Tough day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment