Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's Day

Brandon loves jokes so this day was made for him. He got off the bus this afternoon he said "I have something to tell you." He handed me a piece of paper that said "Exspelled" on it. It was part of a loose leaf paper and was folded in half.

Of course, then I knew that it was a joke because
A) expelled was spelled wrong
B) the school would have called me
C) Brandon is not a bad child and would never get in trouble at school in any way that would get him expelled
D) when I said, "expelled?" he dropped his head very dramatically and let out a huge sigh and said, "yes". Now had Brandon gotten into any trouble at school he would avoid telling me as soon as he got off the bus and he would have started crying right away when he told me.

Inside he had printed "Aapral fool's" - yes, my child is very smart but can't spell very well. It runs in the family I think :)

I told him he should call his daddy and let him know but I told him that he should say he got suspended instead of expelled. Brent was at work and couldn't talk with him and about 10 minutes after he hung up with him Brent I got a phone call from Brent asking what was going on with Brandon? He was a bit upset that Brandon was in that much trouble.

Later we went over to my aunt's house for my cousin's birthday and I said to Brandon did you tell Gram what happened at school today? He let me tell them that he was suspended. They were shocked - Brandon loved saying April Fool's. Got Katie with it too a little later.

He had a good day!

No comments: