I'm tired of being hot. Hannah likes to sit on my lap or be carried and it is just too hot. Brandon likes to snuggle on the couch while I read to him and it is just too hot. Brent likes to cuddle up at night with me and it is just too hot. I hate pushing them all away but I'm just so hot! Did I mention that I am hot? :)
I love thunderstorms! I love the lightening! I love the coolness. I love the smell - creosote mixed with the rain - yum! I love when they happen in the middle of the afternoon like yesterday but also in the evenings when I'm going to sleep.
Yesterday afternoon we had a doozy of a monsoon storm here. It was thundering and lots of lightening. I didn't have any lights on in the house and you would have thought it was after 7:00 at 3:00 in the afternoon. The temperature dropped and of course the kids snuggled because of the thunder and I didn't mind. I did mind when the dog tried to get up on the couch with us - he is afraid of the storms. He is a cuddler on most occasions - needy is more like it. He sits in whichever room we are in and is usually on my feet. Not bad in the winter but hot in the summer.
The kids and dog hate them at night. A few weeks ago we had both kids and the dog up in bed with us. The dog is never allowed on the bed but he didn't think it counted when it was thundering. Poor baby was shaking and was basically on my lap. We kicked him out since we don't want to encourage the bed but it was funny.
Right now it looks like we might have another good storm tonight. The wind has picked up in the last 10 minutes. The sky is starting to get dark. The temperature is dropping. I'm ready for the coolness
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Monsoons and the Heat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment