Friday, May 30, 2008

Next week?

It won't be anytime soon that we get information or see pictures of Sarah. I'm feeling all these emotions right now that I can't stand.

Happiness - Brent and I have been married 10 years today. He is such a wonderful daddy and husband.

Sadness - I want to see her. I want to hold her. I want to be with her now.

Frustration - The Olympics are coming. We are going to struggle with the cost of airfare and hotels on this trip because the Olympics are coming. I just have to keep focused on the positive about it - Sarah.

The whole timing of this batch is stressful.
"If" referrals come out next week - at any point (we'll say Wednesday the 4th just for figuring out stuff)- then we likely will have to wait for another week (June 11) to get any information due to the nature of our agency.
They are really small and the info goes to "Adam" then to the agency, then to us. I *think* Adam does the translation fairly quickly and with only 6 families in our group I *hope* it happens fast.
Our agency should call us first with information then overnight a packet to us. (June 12) Then we need to look over the information - decide if Sarah is the child for us (duh!) and send back the information to the agency so they can get it to Adam to translate who can get it to China. (I'm thinking another week for it to get to China? June 19)
After that we have a bunch of papers to get notorized and gather together all of our things we need to take - including "new" money - yup forgot about that one! It could be as little as a 6 week wait to get our Travel approval and consulate appointment (July 31) to 8 weeks (August 14). Dandy - travel in China for the Olympics.
The other issue in here is that to get a Chinese Visa we need to have an itinerary and hotel reservations. So while all the waiting is going on we can get some things set up but not the Visa - that has to wait until we get travel approval and a consulate appointment in China so we can make reservations for air and hotel.

However, if things get pushed out (not that I want to!) until after the Olympics expenses could be dramatically reduced.

I think the stress is going to be bad in the next few weeks. At least we should have a picture of her, right?

No comments: