So I forwarded the email in the previous post to the superintendent of the district on Tuesday late afternoon since I hadn't heard from the person in charge of the gifted programs. I figured I wanted to cover all bases and make sure we were heard with our concerns since the gifted person hadn't been in contact with me.
Wednesday - still haven't heard from them. Called Kim ("squeaky wheel") and she said to continue to contact them but have Brent make some contacts. She said to have Brent ask what is going on, why if our school district has the gifted program that is used as a model for self-contained gate all over the country and Brandon is in the program already do we have to "jump through the hoops" to get him placed there. So, Brent calls but gets voice mail all day and doesn't leave a message.
Today - I remind him to call so that they hear from him and this time leave a message so they get back to us. This evening he tells me he has heard from them and HE IS IN!!! yeah! I'm so relieved. He said she sounded apologetic and that the policy is that they have "their" students placed first based on the CoGat then the students from outside the district get placed. Either way he is in and he is going to be placed in his home school which is 2 miles from the house. He will be excited.
Other Brandon news is that he wants two front teeth for Christmas - lisp and all. My sister pulled out the second top tooth last night at the restaurant we went to for my dad's birthday. I think her plan is to post a video she made of him saying some things we kept having him repeat because the new lisp is pretty cute. I think most kids look quite ridiculous when they lose both their front teeth but Brandon is very cute. Check out Susie's blog in the next few days to see it (Nothing Clever to Say).
Thursday, May 15, 2008
He is in
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Carolyn - the 'creepiness' factor of having someone tracking your online usage through the tracking device on your blog is a little too much for me - a visitor to your site has no way of knowing where that information is going and who is storing it (or selling it!)... I hope you'll post progress on your adoption in the family website instead so I can stay up to date!
Congrats on your success with Brandon!
Post a Comment