One of my ringtones on my cell is "Friends" by Michael W. Smith. I haven't heard the song itself in a long time so I was looking at the words tonight because my phone has been playing it quite a bit this week.
The chorus says:
And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long
To live as friends
I think I'm one of those people who knows a lot of people and they may be "friends" but I have several that I consider my BEST Friends (notice the capital letters)- these are the kind of friend that you may not talk with every day or every week - time doesn't change things between you. I've gone months (years for one of them) without "talking" with them and it doesn't matter - we are still wonderful friends and I know that I can count on them for anything.
The rest of the words are:
Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
I can't believe the hopes He's granted
Means a chapter of your life is through
But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong
And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long
To live as friends
And with the faith and love God's given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy you live in
Is the strength that now you show
We'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong
I'm sure my Best Friends know who they are because they have all touched base with me this week - some without knowing I'm stressed and some with. B, K, L, E - I'm so glad you are my friends.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment