Saturday, December 22, 2007

toothache

I have a horrible toothache. I went to the dentist the other day and I found out I grind my teeth. Brent says "oh yeah, I knew that, you are loud too." Wish I had known. No wonder I always feel tension in my jaw. The problem is that I have little fractures in my back teeth because of the grinding. One of those teeth has a filling but the filling has shifted due to the grinding and fractures so there is now a cavity under the filling. They will have to put a crown on it. Have I mentioned I get horrible anxiety attacks from the dentist? On my way over to the dentist I started crying. It took everything in me not to cry when they were having me fill out papers, taking x-rays and looking in my mouth. Another problem - they can't get me in to do the procedure until the 14th. I'm taking ibuprofen and tylenol (alternating) to keep the pain down. Discomfort seems to always be there. They were telling me about a "night guard" that I'm definitely looking into. I don't like going to the dentist but I hate toothaches even more.

No comments: