I took Brandon over to Barnes and Noble around 5:45 on Friday night to get our place card for purchasing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. There were already about 100 people there but the store wasn't forming a line until just before 6. So when we walked in and hung out near the front we just happened to be where the line started. We just stayed right where we were and people moved in line behind us. We were about 10th in line. We got our place card (1 green) and went home to have dinner. After dinner Brent dropped us back off at the store. (We left my car over there because I knew it would be packed and I didn't want to walk in the dark with Brandon and Katie.)
Brandon had a great time - they had facepainting, magic, crafts, etc. Susie dropped Katie off at about 8 - 8:30. At 10:30 or so Roz and Ty showed up. I was able to add a book to my card when Susie said she wanted me to pick one up (when I was on line). Then I was able to add another to my card when Ty and Roz were going to come over and meet us. Worked out well! 3 books on one placecard so Ty and Roz didn't have to wait until 1:00 to get their book.
We lined up around 11:45 by color and number. We were in the second group. We had our books and were out of the store at 12:05 am. Kids in the car and home by 12:10 and the kids finally in bed at 12:45. I was exhausted!
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Harry Potter party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment