Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Our afternoon went like this...

Here they come!!

Mommy spotted Sarah right away

Daddy meeting Sarah. She didn't cry!

Mommy meeting Sarah - Mommy cried!

Sarah cried when we got to the hotel room.

Mommy comforting Sarah before having to go do paperwork.

While waiting for Daddy and Mommy start paperwork I decided I want to walk!

Our first smile!!!

Getting clean

Laughing with Mommy

Imitating Daddy

Dinner with my friend Abigail with her mommy, Cindy

Dinner with my friend Grace with her mommy, Betsy (just for my daddy Brian to see because he couldn't come to China to pick me up and Mommy can't upload pictures to her blog)

Pretty Gracie

Eating cereal at dinner

Hanging out before bed


And now Daddy and Sarah are sleeping peacefully. Sarah is easy to put to bed - we just laid her down in her crib, covered her up and let her be. No crying, in a few minutes she was out like a light. No picture of her tonight because we are afraid it will wake her up. Maybe tomorrow...

Tomorrow we go to the Civil Affairs Office to finalize the adoption as far as China is concerned. Then maybe out walking somewhere with our new friends. I have a lot of pictures of Nanchang to share but Sarah pictures are more important. We are hoping for a good day tomorrow without too much grief on her part.

Brandon and Hannah - we love you and miss you! You are going to have so much fun playing with Sarah! She loves to clap if you clap and move her hands when you move your hands or tap the table when you tap it. She is going to be learning how to walk very soon! We can't wait for you to meet her! Love, Mommy and Daddy and Sarah!

10 comments:

Ty, Roz and Riley said...

Oh my goodness! I'm sitting her bawling! She's so precious and she looks so at peace with you guys. Come home soon! We can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

Thank You So Much For Posting those pictures of Betsy and Grace!!!! I feel so cut off because I can't be there to see them, so those pictures really helped me to share this special moment.

Your daughter looks beautiful; I'm so happy for all of you.
-Brian

prechrswife said...

Carolyn, she is just beautiful! I love the smiling pictures, especially after those serious referral photo faces she was making. Congratulations!!!

Dusty from TWLP

Mendy said...

She is beautiful and already smiling! WOW! Congratulations! Enjoy your time!
Mendy
twlp

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, and I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to meet her!

Susie said...

The only thing I can say is my niece is gorgeous. Her beautiful smile... We can't wait to see her in the flesh...

Ryan Stouffer said...

The picture of her smiling brought a huge smile to my face. :) She is beautiful.

Rhonda said...

She's gorgeous!! She has such a beautiful smile, too.

CONGRATS!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, her smile was worth waiting for!! She's so cute. We're so happy for you all!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! We are so excited and happy for you! Can't wait to see her in person!