and a day of travel and we will be home!!! We are so excited and ready to come home! Brandon - good job on getting your homework done quickly! Is it hard or easy? What did you need to do? I'm glad I'll be able to help next week! Hannah - we can't wait to see your green nails! I'm sure you look fabulous! Sarah is really wanting to walk. She can balance herself but isn't confident at all - she stands when she doesn't realize it. We have been letting her walk holding on to our hands a lot in the room and playroom. She will be walking in no time. We are going to get Internet for the day so that we can do some picture posts today and tomorrow afternoon. We have our consulate appointment at 2:45 tomorrow then we are completely finished with everything here. Just need to pack it all up and get ready to come home. We leave the hotel at 5:45 a.m. and our flight leaves at 8:20 a.m. I wish we were leaving a little earlier but we are at the mercy of our guide. Grace and her mommy and aunt are leaving with us so we will be able to say goodbye at the airport. It was great to make a new friend for both Sarah and mommy here! We will definitely stay in touch! Pictures from the last few days: Six Banyan Temple: this is a huge pagoda in the temple that was wonderful! The colors and the buildings were amazing. The monk did a blessing for the babies.
After the temple we went to a government run shop that sells pottery, jade and other crafts. The first picture is of a master porcelain painter the second is his apprentice. The work was fabulous. The master painter was from Jiangxi (Sarah's province) where they are well known for their porcelain. The next picture is of a man painting with only his hands - no brushes. The work was amazing! We picked up a bookmark that he did. Next we went to a mall - it was enourmous! We went through a section that was beads, just beads, millions of beads! After we went to the shop we took Sarah to the pool for the first time. I think we have a swimmer on our hands. She is not afraid of the water at all and put her face in a few times (on her own!) She loved it. We spent about an hour or so splashing in the kiddie pool. I'm going to have to pick up some floaties for Hannah and Sarah because I won't be able to keep my eye on both of them at the same time!
Grace at the mall
Sarah swimming with Daddy
This morning it was actually cooler than it has been since we have been here so Brent and I took Sarah for a walk in the park by the Pearl River. There was a nice breeze coming in. There were so many people out! They get together and exercise. There were some people doing some exercises (I think that is what it was) with swords. Some were using a paddle and a small ball - balancing it while moving the paddle around. It was very pretty! There was a small pond that was nice. We had to stay in our rooms from 10 to noon because our guides were at the consulate dropping off our paperwork for tomorrow and if they had any questions they needed to be able to reach us. It started to storm a bit which cooled things off for a little while this afternoon as well. I'll be glad to get to our heat and not this type of heat!
Sarah is still coughing. We do not want to take her to a doctor here so pray that we make it home with not incidents. She is still happy and smiling so we think she is okay.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Only one more full day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for the new pictures! Sarah's such a beauty. I pray you have a safe and easy flight home! Love you! Roz
Thank you for sharing your special adventure will us. We are so happy for you guys. We hope your trip home is uneventful. Have a safe trip and we'll talk with you after you have a chance to get settled back in at home.
Love,
Bob & Bobbie
CAn't wait for you to get home! The kids can't wait to stt Sarah and play with her. I don't know about wanting the heat here. It was 110 when Hannah and i were waiting for Brandon yesterday. We find bits of shade under a tree to wait. Hannah will be happy to share her green fingerpaint with Sarah! I'll have Brandon write a note when he gets up. Love, Mom & Dad, Brandon & Hannah
Post a Comment