Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Day pictures



The kids had a great Christmas. Hannah got her dress up dress, her bad snake and her mermaid. I think she was very happy. Brandon got a Playstation game - not the one he wanted - with a note. The note told him that the game he wanted is too old and the elves don't make it anymore. It also said not to open the game until after he went to his Gram and Mumpie's house because Santa knew they got him something he wanted and he may want to exchange this game for something else.

Gram and Mumpie bought Brandon a DS so he decided to exhange the Playstation game for a DS game. He loves it. Today we are going to use his gift cards that Aunt Beth and Aunt Roz and Uncle Ty gave him for his birthday on another new game. The bonus of the DS is that his Gameboy games work in it too. He is very happy.

Brent used his gift card from my parents and some money from his parents to buy the GPS he has been wanting. We went geocaching yesterday afternoon. We didn't find the first one we went to look for but will attempt it again. The second one we found and the kids were thrilled! The first one was a log only so no "treasure" the second was a little box that they could exchange their treasure with something new. We picked up some stickers and erasers for our exchange and they both picked a toy lizard from the box. We are going to go to the party supply store after the toy store to get some better trinkets to leave at other geocaches. Looks like some of our weekends will be spent "treasure" hunting in the near future.

My tooth - still hurts but I got some painkillers that work great. I went to the endodontist the day after Christmas - kind of cut into my after-Christmas shopping but needed to be done. I really, really hate having anyone touch my teeth. This man was wonderful - he numbed my mouth so much, even using extra novicane so that my mouth wouldn't hurt at all - only to find that he couldn't do a root canal because my tooth is cracked all the way through. He claims I made it through the worst part - the needle with novicane - I still say the worst is the sound and hearing the drill. So, I am going to lose the tooth. I have an appointment on the 7th with an oral surgeon for a consult because the endodontist agrees that due to my anxiety it would be best if I am put under for this procedure. The surgeon won't do anything until he does a consult in that case. He gave me penicillian to take for a week and some strong painkiller to assist my wait. I love that man! :) I've been able to take half a tablet to keep the pain to a minimum during the day. I find if I take it in the morning I can manage with Ibuprophen the rest of the day if I take it every 4 hours or so. I take a full one at night so that I don't wake up in too much pain but it really knocks me out so I am anxious to not have to take it anymore. I tried only taking half the other evening and was up at 2 looking for something to take the pain away. I have to say though, it does feel better since he drilled into my tooth and relieved some of the pressure. Makes me realize just how much pain I was in before with no painkillers. The endodontist also agrees with my dentist that a night guard is the best thing for me since so many of my back teeth have little fractures in them. He said the crack could have started up to 2 years ago and the grinding and bacteria invasion just built up to cause issues now - who knew! I'm a little worried about the other teeth on that side - especially the one on the bottom below my problem tooth but so far it is okay. I'll deal with one tooth at a time at this point. Hopefully I'll be able to get an implant as the bone in my jaw is undamaged and in great shape still. Yeah, not looking forward to that procedure either. One at a time, one at a time.....

No comments: