Friday, October 26, 2007

Ramblings - bear with me...

We are home. Yeah! Hannah was released this morning at about noon. She had a decent night - only up once for about 45 minutes crying. Her doctor came in at about 10:30 and took the cath out, the nurse took the epidural out a few minutes afterwards. Hannah cried during both - I'm sure the cath was uncomfortable but the epidural was just because she was scared. Anytime anyone came into her room she would say "Don't touch my heiny" - the poor guy who was a volunteer looked a little surprised. :) We got her to do her business rather quickly - they told us she wouldn't have much bladder control for a few days to a week so she is in pullups. I hate that she is in them because she was never in them before. She seems more comfortable going to the bathroom in them than in the toilet. We'll keep them on her for a few days then encourage her to use the bathroom when she is healed more. We've gone through 5 of them in 4 hours - that is an expensive bathroom.

I have some pictures of her while at the hospital. She looked so tiny. I got a fun one of her hair this morning when we got her to sit up in bed after her cath and epidural were out. She had the start of one big dred lock in the back of her head that took me about 15 minutes to carefully comb out.

Her incision is about 2-3 inches long sort of where a C-section scar would be. They are disolvable sutures and are covered by steri-strips so we don't have to do anything to them. She is able to take a shower with one of us but not a bath so we got her in this afternoon for a quick cleaning. She still has some adhesive from all the tape they have used but she smells nice and fresh.

We have 2 prescriptions for her - one for the pain and one for bladder spasms. I'm not sure how we are going to know if she is having bladder spasms but we are just going to give her the medicine through this weekend and see how she does on Monday. The other is Tylenol with codine. I'm not really comfortable gving her codine but we are going to do the same thing and give it to her through the weekend and work her off it on Monday as best we can.

I'm anxious to sleep in my own bed tonight. I'm really tired. She is in a good mood and walking around so I hope the evening goes smoothly.

Thank you to everyone who was praying for her. We really needed it. Thanks for all the fun toys to keep her occupied too. I wish she had been up to playing with everything while we were at the hospital. We have lots to keep us entertained this weekend.

No comments: