It was a tough weekend on the pet front. Jingle, Brandon's hamster died this weekend. It was very hard on him. So, Fred, the red betta fish died the same day in the evening. We didn't tell Brandon about Fred because he took Jingle's death really hard. We had to bury him in behind the fence because of the dogs. It was not a fun experience. We found a little box from some humidifier medicine. Brandon carried it out and carefully laid it in the hole. Poor baby cried when I covered it with dirt. The fish was flushed. No burial for him. We didn't want to tell the kids because I thought that would send Brandon into hysteria at that point.
So, tonight after homework and dinner was finished we went to the pet store. Brandon adopted a little white dwarf hamster - he was free the rest of the "stuff" was not. Hannah got a new fish. The hamster is named "Spike". The fish, I'm not sure of the name. She has changed it a few times.
Bad day on the pet front.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Poor Brandon! Jingle lived as long as a hamster normally does. I think Betty and Abbany were well beyond the norm because we had them 2.5 years each. The average life span of a hamster is about two years so Jingle did well. I hope Spike is as sweet as the others.
Post a Comment