Hannah seems to be feeling better. She loves her medicine too so that makes it easier to give it to her. I don't remember if I posted but she isn't on Cipro anymore - dr. took her off it and put her on Cephalexin which isn't as potent to her. If the infection comes back after her course of this antibiotic then we will give her the Cipro to "kill" the rest of the infection.
Her urologist's office called this morning and moved up the next VCUG as I requested. She goes in next Wednesday (the 12th) at 9:45 a.m. Hopefully they will be able to see how many "connections" the double ureter has to her bladder this time and determine the next step. (likely the surgery) I'm going to take the day off work and either my mom will go with us or Brent if he can get the time off. If he can't I'll get all the information from the doctor and bring it home to Brent so we can decide what to do.
She does have Grade 4 reflux and the information that I have gotten so far points to "replumbing" that side of her bladder which would mean a stay in the hospital. At this point I think we just want it all fixed so we don't have to worry about kidney damage from these UTI's. I have to remember to ask the doctor if this will stop the UTI's and if not what we do to stop them as well. I hate that she is on long term antibiotics - even if they are generally for the bladder only.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Hannah Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment