Monday, July 30, 2007

New Link

I posted a new link to A4everFamily.org

There are a lot of good tips for us and our family members in terms of what we have to do when we finally bring Sarah home.

1 comment:

Susie said...

What a great link...It is hard for us family members to understand how it must be when Sarah comes home. I liked the idea of re-directing her back to you and Brent... "I'm your Bubba, I love you, where's your mommy (daddy). There she (he) is!" and sending her back. This gives the other family members validation, "yes, you are part of our family, we love you, but right now, your mommy and daddy need to take care of you". This allows us to feel a part of her life with a few hugs and kisses, but not allowing her to "bond" with us for the first part of her time here.

It will be difficult not to love on her because we have waited so long. I think because B and H are very older and come to us fairly easily it will help her to understand. Because they both go back to you and Brent when they need something (for the most part) it will also help teach her that she needs to go back to you for things that she needs.

I know it will be difficult to stick to it, but in the long run, it will be so worth it for everyone.