Aside from swimming this is what the kids have been doing this summer:
We signed Brandon up for the Summer Reading Program at the public library. For every 6 hours he reads he earns "prizes". The first prize was a button - not too exciting. He started the program on the 24th and read 6 hours by the 31st. Today he will have his second 6 hours completed. He will get a pencil, eraser and a Desert Museum pass. Hopefully we will be able to use it when the weather is cooler. He loves to read to Hannah and Riley. He has a bunch of books checked out from the library but he is currently reading "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" on his own. I think he said he was on chapter 4 last time I asked which was yesterday. He reads anytime we are in the car. He is reading to himself every night before bed and throughout the day I will find him curled up somewhere (on the couch, in a chair, in his bed or our bed) with his book. I love that he loves to read!Hannah had a naked tea party at Gram's yesterday afternoon with Kate. (Kate was not naked - she is way too old for a naked tea party!) What a mess she was! The kids had just gotten out of the pool when they decided to have the tea party and I decided not to dress her knowing how messy she can be. Notice where her hand is in the picture - yup in the cup. Every little cup had to have the tea, creamer and sugar. Not just a little sugar, two, three or more spoonfuls. They also had strawberries. Very messy but very fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment